Monday, December 3, 2012


Hello Blog Friends,

Today, I wanted to share a card I made for my Pastor’s wife as an encouragement to her regarding a task she is being called upon to do.  I used pearlescent card stock.   I rounded the corners then I cut the corners off of a square doily that I bought at the dollar store and placed them at the two opposite ends.  I matted the flowers in the pot that I stamped from my collection of “Heartfelt Creations stamps then I colored it with Copic markers.   I stamped a scripture verse on the same papers I used on this card and placed it at the bottom.  The scripture verse is from one of the scripture series from “Our Daily Bread Designs”.  An unusual card for me, no bling and no ribbon, go figure.  I think it turned out o.k. though.   
Also............


“An Exciting Announcement”:  Coming are the 12 Days of Christmas – Shavanna style…

Christmas is upon us…so tomorrow I will begin a series called “the 12 days of Christmas, Shavanna style”.  You won’t want to miss this series. Christmas is my very favorite time of year.  It all starts for me at Thanksgiving.  That’s when I begin making lists of things I’m thankful for and people who have impacted my life and how thankful I am for the things they have imparted in my life.  I begin making lists, lots and lots of lists, gift lifts, card lists, baking lists…well you get the idea – I’m obviously one of those list people.  It is hard to explain what happens to me at this time of year, but my heart just overflows with love, peace, joy, thankfulness and giving.  I give everywhere I can and as much as I can.  I have always thought it would be wonderful to be rich so I could give to the whole world, but I’m not, however, I realized I can give  something to all of you, so this series will be my Christmas gift to all of you who venture in.  I know many  are hurting this Christmas and struggling to pay their bills or put food on the table, and know that for those of you, I’m praying for you that those needs will be supplied, but this is a gift from  my heart to yours. 

             “Life doesn’t come wrapped in a bow, but it is a great gift”

                                                                                      Shavanna

No comments:

Post a Comment