Monday, December 10, 2012


Blog – Day 3

Bell Collection: 

Bells have always been a fascination of mine.   Each one has its own tone and song to sing.

My bell collection started so long ago, I am not exactly sure how it got started.  Maybe because Ray (my late husband) and I traveled and moved so much, and it was a way to keep a little piece of everywhere I lived or visited.   My bell collection consists of over 130 bells from all over the Unites States and a few countries that friends visited and brought one back to me.

Bells seemed to represent a symbol of women to me.  Bells come in different shapes, sizes and colors.  Some are petite and soft in their ring tones, some are tall and skinny, some are short and more rounded, and yes I have bells that are large and brassy too.  I even have a cracked one and kept it because it reminded me of broken lives.  I patched it up with super glue to remind me of how God fixes all our broken and hurting parts.  Each bell also represents a time, place or season of my life.

This is just a sampling of my bell collection:

 

Bells to me are a symbol of joy which is why I incorporate them into my decorations and even in my jewelry at Christmas time.  I hope your Christmas will be full of joyous ringing bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment