Monday, December 17, 2012


6th day of Christmas

Handmade Christmas Cards

Each year for many years now, I make all the Christmas cards I send out.  It’s usually only about 30 but it is an important tradition for me.  I love getting cards with hand written notes.  Think about it for a moment, you just pulled a stack of mail out of your mailbox, you have a couple of advertisement flyers, some magazines and maybe other junk mail, a bill and one card…quick now….which do you open first?  If you are like me, I open the card first.  I also love the chatty newsletters that some of my friends from afar include with their cards.

I love making and sending the cards, because our lives get so busy and I for one, can just get caught up with working and life that I don’t connect with people like I should.  I may think of them throughout the year and pray for them, but am very bad at picking up the phone or even jotting them a note, so for me it is very important that at least one time a year, I let them know they are not forgotten.  So I have made it an important part of my Christmas tradition.

This year, a few friends and I put together about 30 cards for our service members and what a privilege it was to write to them.  My hope is that in some small way wherever they are it will bless them.

I hope this year, you receive many beautiful cards that bring cheer to your heart and laughter to your soul and that you will send a hand written note in each card you send, regardless of whether you make the card or buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment